MeGUI is a video conversion application, which was primarily designed to be a DVD ripper, but is capable of many transcoding tasks. It is essentially a frontend for many free tools, but also includes a number of utilities to enhance the conversion process. MeGUI is a free program which has many ties with doom9.org.
- DVD (vob through d2v) and other MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 streams receive special input support for demuxing of audio and subtitles, and faster video seeking
- Any computer video file via AviSynth
- Video Encoders: x264, XviD, libavcodec MPEG-4 Part 2, Snow
- Audio Formats: MP2/MP3 (via LAME/ffmpeg), AAC (via FAAC, Nero AAC or Coding Tech AAC), Vorbis, AudX, AC3
- Container formats: Matroska, MP4, AVI
- Powerful job queue support, with in-place job editing, related job linking, play/pause controls, etc.
- Parallel job execution makes job processing very flexible and improves speed on multi-core systems.
- Automatic interlace detection can analyse your input video to determine whether it is progressive/interlaced/film/hybrid, and also determine field order.
- AutoUpdate keeps MeGUI and its assisting programs up-to-date and eases installation.
- Audio encoding also based on Avisynth, which allows highly accurate editing of audio, including sample-accurate audio cutting.
- You can download MeGUI from the SourceForge project page. Thanks to AutoUpdate, setup is relatively easy. See the basic guide for details.
- The Basic DVD Ripping Guide is a good place to start.
- MeGUI Frequently Asked Questions
- Read up about all the items in the tools menu
- Documentation on advanced video encoder configuration.
- A more advanced guide for encoding HDTV caps.
- Read more on what AutoUpdate does, and how it works.
- This wiki's Main Page for further other useful information and links about video.
- MeGUI Contributors for all the people who have helped with MeGUI.
- The Guides page for MeGUI guides hosted on this wiki
- Helping with MeGUI for how to contribute.
- The Original Guide Berrinam wrote in 2006 (originally posted here) has been migrated across here. It's very out of date now.
- MeGUI's SourceForge project page for bug and feature request trackers.
- German MeGUI Documentation, hosted by the German doom9 forums, gleitz.info.
- Russian MeGUI Documentation, powered by mediawiki.
- A guide to producing QuickTime compatible DVD Rips in MeGUI
- doom9.org and its associated forums, the birthplace of MeGUI.